The Spa Surgery is still open!
But the way in which you receive medical care has changed to protect you and our staff. This will mean:
- You may receive most care by telephone or video.
- You may need to access services using the NHS app or online.
- Please make sure you do NOT come to the surgery unless invited to do so.
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 please stay at home and follow the latest advice on the NHS website.
Our telephone lines are open
8am - 6pm, Monday - Friday
They are closed mid-morning & mid-afternoon for staff to receive updates on the coronavirus situation and any required changes to our systems.
We continue to receive an increased number of telephone calls from patients. Our dedicated team of Receptionists, Administrators and Clinicians are working hard to provide services during this challenging period. We would request that our patients are respectful and kind to the team at all times.
Please do not email the surgery if you have a query regarding a medical matter as we cannot guarantee that emails are responded to promptly.
If you have an eye problem, click here for more information before contacting the surgery.
Booked nurse appointments in the practice remain available for:
- Wounds, Staple and suture removals
- Leg Ulcers
- Baby & child routine immunisations
- Other immunisations: Whooping cough in pregnancy; Pneumovax, Zostavax & MMR catch up in adults. (This follows Government advice to ensure that both children and adults continue to be vaccinated for prevalent and high risk diseases.)
- Essential Injections: Antipsychotics, Aranesp, Zoladex, Prostap, Denosumab, Depo provera
- Cervical smears for those on one year follow-up due to previous abnormalities
Telephone nurse appointments are available for contraceptive pill reviews.
Annual reviews are currently paused, the highest risk patients will be assessed, and will be contacted by the surgery if able.
Joint injections are currently not being offered.
Our walk-in Phlebotomy clinic is currently closed. Appointments are available for ESSENTIAL blood testing only and these are on a booked basis within Mowbray Square Medical Centre.