Welcome to The Spa Surgery
UPDATED 15/05/2017 at 12.30pm
As you may be aware, NHS IT systems have been affected by the 'cyber attack' that was reported in the national news on Friday, 12 May 2017. There is no evidence that patient data has been accessed or that patient records have been compromised but unfortunately 50% of our surgery's computers have been infected by ransom ware and we have been advised not to use these PCs.
GPs can continue to access information, including electronic patient records as normal. However, connections between different NHS organisations have been affected and this means it may not be possible for information to be shared electronically between the practice and other organisations, for example electronic prescriptions and test results. This will inevitably impact on the running of the surgery. We are being supported by NHS IT staff and cyber security experts as we work around the clock to fix the problem and bring impacted systems back online.
In the meantime, we would like to reassure patients that the practice remains open and is working effectively to well-tested business continuity plans.
Please note the following:
- If you have a booked appointment, please attend as normal. Your doctor may be working in a different room, so please note room number on the LCD screens when you are called.
- There may be a delay in consultations due to problems with computers and/or printers
- Our telephone systems are working as normal but due to slow functioning of the computers, there may be some delays in answering your call. Please be patient and listen to the messages on the system.
- You may continue to use on-line services to book or cancel appointments and to order prescriptions as normal
- There may be a delay in processing prescription requests but we will prioritise this work to keep delays to a minimum
- There may be delays with test results – if you are waiting for a test result, please call after 2pm and we will keep you informed
- There may be delays in completing referrals to secondary care, urgent matters will be prioritised
- There may be delays with other administrative functions such as private insurance reports as we prioritise clinical work
Our staff are working with NHS England's IT team to find solution to this problem. In the meantime, we would like to reassure you that we are doing all we can to ensure that services continue to be provided safely and we thank you for your patience during this difficult time.
We will update this message regularly as we receive new information regarding this situation.
We have a clinical team of 12 doctors, 6 nurses, 2 health care assistants and a pharmacist who are supported by a large team of receptionists, secretaries and administration staff to ensure our patients receive safe, high quality care. We have a focus on education and training as an approved training practice for doctors who aspire to become GPs and we have close links with University of Leeds Medical School.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Login to Online Services
click to login
Are you making the most of online services?
You can now use online services to book appointments, order repeat medication and view coded information within your medical record.
Online access can save you time when booking appointments or ordering repeats, please see the leaflet below for further details:
Online Services Information Leaflet
If you do not already have access to online services but would like to register, please print and compete the appropriate application form and return it in person to the surgery with proof of identity such as passport, photo driving license, birth certificate etc.
Over 16s Online Services Application Form
Parental Proxy Application form for children 0-10 years
Please note: Online services and Proxy online services are not available for children aged 11 - 16 years.
Have your say
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Please let us know your views by completing the Friends & Family Test or via the review service at NHS Choices or by using the form on the Comments and Suggestions page of the website. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
(Site updated 31/05/2017)